Security Operations Center Analyst
As a leading IT Infrastructure and Cyber security firm, Delvetek provide innovative systems, products and IT solutions for its customers and channel partners across Canada. Our experienced team of IT Professionals have extensive experience with design, architecture and support of IT systems across different business sectors.
We are presently seeking for a Security Operations Center Analyst responsible for security event investigations, supports client incident response processes, and manages SOC cases. The analyst will assess the alerts for impact and escalate tickets and as applicable provide support to incident response teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, customer focused, team player and be able to coordinate and manage on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts, protocols, and network security methodologies
- Knowledge of intrusion detection methodologies and techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions.
- Previous experience with monitoring and investigating Cyber Security threats using EDR Tools
- Ability to develop and execute standard operating procedures, follow playbooks, create and escalate tickets
- Ability to triage and investigate Cyber security alerts, prepare Incident response, review security logs sources and alerts from the SIEM and other threat detection systems
- Must have a desire to continuously grow and improve information security skills
- Knowledge of ITIL and process improvement methodologies will be an added benefit
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related technical discipline with 2 years of experience are preferred.
- Experience working for a Managed Security Services (MSS) provider in a Security Operations Center
- Hand-on experience managing IP Networks, Intrusion Detection Sensors, Intrusion Prevention Systems and firewalls are desired
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Job Type: 5 Months Contract Position
This position works within a 24x7x365 team in 12 Hours Shifts to deliver monitoring services following defined processes.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to [email protected].We thank you for your interest in Delvetek and wish to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.